Friday, January 15, 2010

Twittering

I've been holding back from using Twitter, which I generally still consider a waste of time. However, Bryan Landers convinced me that it's a good idea to tweet occasionally, for example when I post to my blog. Apparently many people (Bryan included) are past using RSS feed readers and other such antiquated tools that used to be popular in the first decade of this millennium. Also, there have been discussions within the SoCal Piggies group about increasing the communication and collaboration within the group, and with the Python community at large.

So...I created 2 twitter accounts, one for the SoCal Piggies (@socalpiggies) and one for myself (@griggheo). I'll generally post links to stuff I come across that might be of interest to people who share my interests.

3 comments:

Bryan Landers said...

Haha, thanks for the mention - I'm thrilled to see more great posts any which way they find me!

I'm still a huge fan of RSS (it's so useful for aggregating within other web apps, etc), but readers (I mostly used Google Reader) just overwhelm me with all those unread posts (it was like an inbox from hell). Essentially, I always ended up skimming the headlines, which is pretty much all you can fit within a tweet.

Also, Twitter seems to have caught on more both within our tech bubble and mainstream folks than RSS readers ever did, right? The good posts/ideas seem to bubble up there.

ElizaF said...

I too was dragged kicking and screaming into the world of Twitter
(well groaning and eye-rolling as is the way of the tester)

It does make me wonder what we will all be using in 10 years time to aggrigate our information sources into the one platform?

Rajamanickam Antonimuthu said...

I think twitter will be very useful for reaching many people

Modifying EC2 security groups via AWS Lambda functions

One task that comes up again and again is adding, removing or updating source CIDR blocks in various security groups in an EC2 infrastructur...