Monday, September 15, 2008

"Unmaintained Free Software" wiki

Thanks to Heikki Toivonen, who left a comment to my previous post and pointed me to this Unmaintained Free Software wiki. Python-related projects on that site are here. Hmmm...RPM is an unmaintained Python project? Don't think so. That site could use some love...maybe it is itself in need of a maintainer? This seems like a good Google App Engine project -- to put together a similar site with a database back-end, showing unmaintained Open Source projects....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

1. it seems a bad project to create a new wiki that duplicates an existing one.
2. rpm really is unmaintained, it has a long history of abandonment.

Grig Gheorghiu said...

Hi, Evgeny

Are you the maintainer of the 'Unmaintained Free Software' wiki? I apologize if I hurt your feelings with my comments :-) I had no idea that the RPM project didn't have a maintainer, I thought Red Hat was all over it.

In any case, the GAE app I was talking about was just an idea, and it wouldn't be a wiki.

I'm sure nobody wants to duplicate solid existing functionality, so if it turns out that the current wiki is actively maintained, you're right, it would be a waste of time to try to do it again from scratch.

Modifying EC2 security groups via AWS Lambda functions

One task that comes up again and again is adding, removing or updating source CIDR blocks in various security groups in an EC2 infrastructur...